There is no tool in my PocKit that I use more on a daily basis than my flashlight. From finding toys that snuck under the couch for my youngest, to tiptoeing around the house late at night when everyone has gone to bed, to the fuse that blows at the worst possible time, having a light at the ready is essential. You can imagine how many lights I must have gone through, lost, loaned out or just had break on me over the years, and you would definitely be right. Then I found this one.
In choosing an EDC light, there are other factors at work besides how many lumens you can keep in your pocket. Yes, having a sun at the ready can be useful... but what happens when you're in an emergency situation, and that battery goes dead. What good is it then? To me, more importantly than output is ease of keeping it running, and for that I always keep a AA light on me. They may not be the brightest, but I can guarantee you I can find a battery in a pinch, and just about anywhere. I still have the 18650 beasts, but I keep those at home, or in the center console for special uses.
This light here has been a constant in my life for over a year now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The glowing Oring in the head means I can find it in the dark, and the dimunitive size of it fits in most of our PocKit models (the only exception being the Pro Classic). The output is is three levels, and the battery life is respectable. Being solid Titanium means it's light, tough and won't lose the finish years down the road.
Here's what the manufacturer says about it:
New Nichia 219 Emitter - True Color - Natural Light
New - Nichia 219BT with a lifespan up to 50,000 hours. ( Newest & Brightest Emitter )
- * Now with the same ultra-low thermal resistance as Cree
- Whiter than Nichia 219C Emitter - Neutral White - Cool
2. The Nichia 219 LED provides a nice smooth beam and excellent color rendering
Rev 1 Features :
Nichia 219 with a life span up to 50,000 hours. ( Newest & Brightest Emitter )
- Glow in the Dark front o-ring around reflector
- Stronger Clip
- Deep Orange Peel Reflector ( tighter, brighter beam )
- Slightly larger keychain hook for larger cordage
- Length: 2.99"
- Diameter: .70"
- Weight - 26.2 grams with clip
- LED Type: Nichia 219BT - Whiter / True Color - Neutral White - Cool with a life span up to 50,000 hours. Newest & Brightest Emitter
- The reflector is aluminum alloy.
- Flashlight body is made of solid billet Titanium Grade 5.
- The lens has been treated with an AR (Anti-Reflective) coating.
- Its proprietary circuit design features reverse polarity protection and runs off of one AA battery that provides 3 levels of brightness ( Low / Medium / High ).
Using A Single Duracell AA battery we got the following results:
- Low Mode, 5 lumen output for 75 Hours
- Medium Mode, 50 lumen output for 4.5 Hours
- High Mode, 235 lumen output for 75 Minutes
We do not recommend the use of 14500 Rechargeable batteries with this flashlight unless its an Eneloop Cell. It is designed to use off the shelf alkaline, lithium, NiMH or Nicad AA batteries. We do not recommend use of higher voltage batteries. Any attempt to modify these lights will void the warranty. We know when you try to remove the Pill.
GLOW IN the DARK DIFFUSER INCLUDED!!!