There is no tool in my PocKit that I use more on a daily basis than my flashlight. From finding toys that snuck under the couch for my youngest, to tiptoeing around the house late at night when everyone has gone to bed, to the fuse that blows at the worst possible time, having a light at the ready is essential. You can imagine how many lights I must have gone through, lost, loaned out or just had break on me over the years, and you would definitely be right. Then I found this one.
In choosing an EDC light, there are other factors at work besides how many lumens you can keep in your pocket. Yes, having a sun at the ready can be useful... but what happens when you're in an emergency situation, and that battery goes dead. What good is it then? To me, more importantly than output is ease of keeping it running, and for that I always keep a AAA light on me. They may not be the brightest, but I can guarantee you I can find a battery in a pinch, and just about anywhere. I still have the 18650 beasts, but I keep those at home, or in the center console for special uses.
This kind of light here has been a constant in my life for over a year now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The glowing Oring in the head means I can find it in the dark, and the dimunitive size of it fits in ALL of our PocKit models. The output is is three levels, and the battery life is respectable. Being solid Titanium means it's light, tough and won't lose the finish years down the road.
Here's what the manufacturer says about it:
45% lighter than steel, highly corrosion resistant & stronger than Stainless Steel
- Executive Series
Glow in the dark Diffuser ( New for Rev 5 )
Glow in the Dark front o-ring around reflector ( New for Rev 4 )
- Each light is hand finished.
- Length: 2.6" ( Smaller than Rev 1 )
- Diameter: .5"
- Weight with battery is 27.8 grams ( 16 grams without battery )
- LED Type: Cree XP-G2 S4 with a life span up to 50,000 hours. ( Newest & Brightest Emitter REV 4 )
- The New Orange Peel Reflector is polished aluminum alloy.
- The lens has been treated with an AR (anti-reflective) coating.
- Its proprietary circuit design features reverse polarity protection and runs off of one AAA battery that provides
- Now with 3 levels of brightness ( Med / Low / High ).
- Comes with clip & o-rings
- Machined from solid 6AL4V Titanium Grade 5
- Clip installed from factory to preserve finish
- New Stronger Clip
Using a single Duracell AAA battery we got the following results:
- Low mode, 5 lumens output for up to 65 hours
- Medium mode, 65 lumens output for up to 10 hours
- High mode, 180 lumens output for up to 75 minutes
- ( Rev 1 model was 80 Lumens and 48 minutes) ( Rev 2 model was 115 Lumens and 60 minutes)
We do not recommend the use of 10440 rechargeable batteries with this flashlight. It is designed to use a off the shelf alkaline, lithium, NiMH or Nicad AAA batteries. We do not recommend use of higher voltage batteries. Any attempt to modify these lights will void the warranty. We know when you try to remove the pill